Posts on Tumblr:
Uber eats driver gothic
- You are delivering food to the given address. It’s at an apartment complex. The directions say go to building 10. You don’t see a building 10. You circle the complex. There are only nine buildings. You dont see a building ten. You circle the complex. You are delivering the food. You circle the complex.
- Suddenly, a building materializes in the middle of the street and you slam on your brakes to avoid crashing. It is building 10. There is only one door. It barely opens. A single, gnarled hand reaches out of the crack and snatches the food. The building disappears. They do not tip.
- You exit your car in the steak n shake parking lot. A thousand dissonant whispers assault your ears. You quicken your steps and do not look around you. You enter the restaurant. It is empty. You tell the empty air who you’re picking up food for. You turn away from the counter for thirty seconds before turning back. Your order is on the counter. You leave the restaurant and the whispers are gone, instead replaced with the same old pop song playing in the now full steak n shake. You wish uber didnt partner with the void to deliver food.
- There are no less than 6 feral cats staring at you from the dumpsters of this complex you’re delivering to. You need to get out of your car and walk ten steps to the door of the customer. But the cats are watching. They are getting closer every time you look away. They smell food. You dont think they’re smelling the burgers in your passenger seat. They’re close enough that they dont really look like cats anymore.
- You need to deliver the food.
- You grab the mcdonalds bag and your trusty aluminum bat and get ready to run.