Spice market porters, Old Delhi by RobertCoy
We had contemplated going out for dinner on Saturday night as all of us had been working, but the reality was that we were all too tired. Instead, I made this tagine-type stew that we had with rice or pearl barley. It wasn’t too bad.
Heat a good glug of olive oil in a large pan. Fry the onion for a few minutes until it softens. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 30 seconds or until the aromas rise. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
Toss in the sweet potato, stir to coat with the spices and fry for a few minutes.
Add the tomatoes, rinse out the can with water and add that, together with the apricots, the lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender. Brighten with a squeeze of lemon juice and check the seasoning.
Serve with lemon pilaf, pearl barley, or jewelled couscous, and yoghurt.
baby spice ???
spice star anise and cinnamon close up by @Alex_Filatov
It still fucks me up how “sugar” is technically a spice in the same level as pepper or salt
yet you got me even more fucked up at the thought that I could just sprinkle sugar on anything and call it “spicy”
Just some headcanon about Angila and Spice, I forgot to write since a while :
- Spice and Angila were put in the demons’s army because their parents wanted to, and being a soldier mean money and good life after work.
- It was easy to join the army for Spice because of his dad (Nikki if you have read my theory about it), but Angila had to make few tests to join it.
- Spice, like Salza, is one of the smartest makyan. He loves sciences, he wanted to be a scientist as a kid, but end up in Garlic’s army.
- Angila, is not a scientist dude, but an Artist, especially when it comes to fashion. He loves designing shoes. He love sometimes wearing stylish high heels. When he’s not working, he loves to wear feminine like outfits (Ariana Grande’s like). He’s often mad when Spice wear the same “ugly” t shirt for more than 2 days.
- Angila knew quickly that he’s not “like everybody” because he loved Spice since the age of 6. He was affraid to expose his sexuality, but his parents was happy for him and told him he still their lil Angie. His team mates never treat him bad because of his sexuality, they even help him to get Spice’s attention.
- If you watch Miraculous, you’ll understand what I mean by “Adrien’s syndrome”. Yep, Spice suffer from it. Hold Angila’s hand, kiss him on his forehead, caress Angila’s hair, hugs him and all, BUT when someone ask if they date eachother, Spice answer “Ah? Angila ? Oh no, he’s just my bestfriend :)”, and of course it puts Angila in a terrible state. Aaaaand made the whole demon squad facepalming.
- When both reunite in hell, Angila finally confess his feeling to Spice. This one didn’t know how to handle it, and finally say yes…. 10 month later.
- Angila quickly start to be friend with Zarbon and Zangya, the two fashion lover and create few fancy clothes and shoes together. Especially for the Ginyu force, who started a punk rock group in hell.
- Spice got a friend in Salza, Ginyu and Bujin (even if the last one is only a teen), because of their high IQ.
And it’s all for the moment. Bye bye for new headcanons later!
EMBERSTREAK - NIGHTCLAN KINFOLK
Crafted to support a friend who is applying to grad school. Can be adapted situationally.
Bay leaf - write the intention on the leaf
Orange(peeled, include all parts) - for prosperity/abundance/happiness
Clove - good luck, prosperity; gain what is sought
Rose hips - for attracting desires, luck
Mint(a tiny pinch) - for luck
Ginger - success of goals
Nutmeg - to represent the person the spell is for. Keep in mind this spice was chosen to represent a specific individual, so choose something that corresponds specifically to whoever you are doing this for.
Add everything to water and simmer over low heat. Do not cover. When mixture has reduced, but before it burns, remove from heat. Strain out any remaining liquid (and save for later use!). Put the solid ingredients in a jar or other container. Keep jar somewhere that you will see it and be able to interact with it daily until no longer needed. ✨💜
“Ooh! Such spicery!”
– Andrew L
Shallots & Garlic by @InMyFocus
SPICE pt. 1 #FuegoSiempre
“I am not an ICON I’m a hyphen - between JAH and the ghetto” 🗣SWAT STAND UP!! 🗣
#Tobefromtheswat @spiceadams is the 🐐!!!
#getTWISTEDsundays #theoriginals #SPICE #youtube #OUU #womenproduce #houstonproducer #bars #realrap #houston #buymerchnotmusic
@coryjwashington @soundwrangler @barronstudios
🎵 @lanellgrant 🎹 🔥🔥🔥
🎬/📽 @tobenwigwe @zainobmathewcreate