So I happen to get really good grades and I don’t really know if this will help anyone but I find that online advice for doing good in school isn’t always helpful/doable especially for people with anxiety and ADHD like myself so here’s how I do it:
1. Always go to class if possible (catching up is hard)
2. Always do homework assigned every night (like in Biology it really helps understanding)
3. When struggling to do a task remember once it’s done it’s done and you don’t have to worry about it.
4. If you are confused or need something clarified ASK the teacher for the most part they genuinely want to help you.
5. When in class do your best to pay attention a good way to do this is always take notes even if you don’t necessarily have to.
6. Figure out how you learn best and use that to your advantage when studying (ie. Kinesthetic, visual, auditory)
7. Try, don’t give up even when it’s hard
8. Give your self a break! doing good in school is almost impossible when burned out
9. When studying there is no set time you should study for, just study until you have a good understanding and know what you need to know if possible
10. If you have ADHD or anxiety or both or something else like that inquire about what type of support you might be able to receive as well as accommodations and if help is available take advantage of it
11. Maintaining good grades is difficult so when there is a set back don’t let it stop you, if you want to you can do it