- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 box small-ish pasta (penne, rotini, farfalle, etc)
- parmesan cheese (however much you like)
* if cooking for family, cut all of carrot, zucchini, squash, pepper, & onion into strips or bite-sized pieces.
* if cooking for 1 or 2 people, use half box of pasta and half of vegetables. i cut them into 2 separated batches - one batch in matchsticks, the other in bite-sized pieces (i chose demi circles). i set the matchsticks aside for another meal.
slice tomatoes in half lengthwise
toss vegetables (including broccoli!) together.
season with salt, pepper, olive oil, and italian herbs. – stop & refrigerate here if prepping.
spread vegetables onto baking sheet. roast at 300F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
prepare pasta as on box while vegetables are roasting (can be done ahead of time, if prepping – leave slightly undercooked and toss in olive oil before refrigerating. reheat covered in microwave or in pan with *a little* water)
toss hot pasta and vegetables to combine. season to taste, and add parmesan. serve.
not sure if i’d call this low spoon because there’s a lot of chopping, but 1) almost all of those things can usually be found pre-chopped or even a frozen mix, and then just use a can of diced tomato; and 2) aside from the chopping, it’s mostly just stirring together and draining the pasta and stirring together again.