Here are a few simple steps to improve your academic average!
First off, a huge step in improving one’s grades is to actively want to do better. So, well done! You have started your journey.
1) Actually, step 1 is to be prepared for your next day of class. So, this would entail reading the material for the next day, becoming familiar with terms and concepts and just gaining a basic understanding of what is going to be covered by the lecturer in the next lesson.
This really does help! You will find yourself grasping concepts better in class and you will be able to follow along easier all because you know exactly what your lecturer is talking about and where they are getting the information from. It will just make your day easier!
Even if you just have time to skim through your notes, just do it. This little method makes a big difference.
2) After class or at least after a day of class, revise the work that has been done. This really helps you stay on top of your work and on your A-game! Get it?
I understand that sometimes the workload means that you don’t get through all the work you did that day. That’s alright! Break it up. Break your workload into so many subjects today and so many tomorrow. The aim is to just keep on top of that work and revise while that information is still fresh in your head.
3) Write down a to-do list each morning. The aim here is to increase productivity! Also, that sense of accomplishment and fulfilment when you tick something off your list? I wish you could bottle that feeling!
This little step seems meaningless but it just allows you to plan your day a little bit and to write down what you want to do throughout the day.
4) Find your study method and stick to it! Everyone is different so the method that works for someone else may not entirely work for you and the trick is to find out your preferred method as early as you can. And do not let other methods influence when it’s 12am and you’re writing in 8 hours and you’re feeling stressed and now you’re cramming and nothing is going into your brain and now things are just going from bad to worse! Trust, we have all been there. Even if we don’t want to admit it out loud.
5) Which leads me to the 5th tip. Study in advance! Cramming that work at 12am before your test in 8 hours will not cut the A grade average. It just will not. Work out a good study plan if you struggle with this one. But stick to it! That’s the trick!
Everyone is capable of doing well academically. It really takes perseverance and it takes dedication and hard work. Things don’t happen overnight. But take that feeling of a great test or assignment and let it motivate you for the next one.
If you have tips and tricks that have worked for you, then let me know! I am really interested in engaging with the studyblr community and I hope these tips work for you!
Have a productive and successful 2019!