Tips for your new house
1. Sometimes the windows will be closed when you left them open. Open them again.
2. Sometimes the windows will be open when you left them closed. Close them immediately and don’t leave the house again tonight.
3. If your power cuts off, use a candle and not a flashlight to find the breaker. They are attracted to artificial light.
4. If a young girl by the name of Molly knocks on your door and asks for directions, slam the door in her face and close all your blinds. Otherwise, she will have no mercy.
5. If Molly appears on your couch, leave the house. It’s no longer yours.
6. Leave out food at night. They like chicken.
7. Never, ever, give them thyme.
8. They will leave you small gifts in exchange. These gifts might be coins or dead animals, but always remember to accept them. You may anger them if not.
9. If the neighbours all turn off their lights at once, do the same. You do not want to stand out when they arrive.
10. Always keep an antique key in your pocket. You never know when they’ll show you which door to use.
11. If a small black kitten approaches you with yellow or green eyes, it wants to be your new companion. If it has blue, run. They are coming.
12. If you linger too long with the lights off, they will get upset. The light is your time. The dark is theirs.