Posts on Twitter:

The share of working in the three largest high-tech jobs has fallen over the past 20 years. Here's how we can help -- register for our w/ happening TOMORROW 👉




What inspiration did I draw from for our inquiry into the ? It involves nuts, 70-year-old seed-cleaning machines and different models of tech diffusion... Read the post to find out more




Meet CEO of , a tech company that helps to hire personnel in 1/2 of time a 1/3 of the cost, using , one of finalists that will compete in on 9/5







It was a pleasure and achievement to be amongst the Top 50 from 50,000 Startups, to pitch at the finals in Lagos 🇳🇬 The UNIQUE Experience & ENLIGHTENMENT from the GRAND event was INCREDIBLE✨✔️



Retweet Retweeted Like Liked

2019 Latin America finalist generates access for women to work in flextime jobs inside companies, helping organizations prepare for the future of work and talent requirements. Learn more:







Localized's CEO spoke at Singularity University's Summit today in SF on a panel about Learning to Earning.







"The old model of front-loading education early in life needs to give way to lifelong learning." The future of work in America: People and places, today and tomorrow | via




Great insight from into how is not only a career choice, but also a mindset that's influencing the workforce at large—traditional and independent.










NEWS: has just announced over 200 speakers! Get your free ticket when you sign up for the hosted buyer program.







[Noticias] Las soluciones para los jóvenes son cuentas de aprendizaje permanente, capacitación, nuevos modelos de aprendizaje y prácticas de trabajo flexibles los ayudará a equiparse con las habilidades que necesitan para el .













Thank you for bring together such a great group at USA! As more companies realise they need to change to succeed, new agile ways of working are being embraced'. This paper consolidates a lot of thinking in this space.



Posts on Tumblr:

Thinking BIG can produce some incredible results.

#BI #AI #BusinessIntelligence #futureofwork

This is a little concerning if you are an employer…

How millennials want to work and live is a problem leaders need to take seriously. Just 40% of millennials feel strongly connected to their company’s mission. Source: “Millennials Not Connecting With Their Company’s Mission,” Gallup

#millennials #futureofwork #company #mission

This is rather surprising - thought more would be excited.

Only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged, meaning that the other 87% are not involved in, enthusiastic about, or committed to their work and company. Source: “The Worldwide Employee Engagement Crisis,” Gallup

#futureofwork #company #excited

Find this rater surprising - thought more would be exciting about it

Only 13% of employees worldwide are engaged, meaning that the other 87% are not involved in, enthusiastic about, or committed to their work and company.

Source: “The Worldwide Employee Engagement Crisis,” Gallup

#futureofwork #work #company

This is such a great idea. Think all companies should have this feature

Flexible workplaces are all the rage nowadays. There are currently 14,411 shared work spaces in the world today. The number of co-working members will rise to 3.8 million by 2020 and 5.1 million by 2022. (Source: AllWork)

#workspace #futureofwork #culture

I agree with this as long as the employee has the skills to optimize all of the features…

The vast majority of office workers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany said they believe technology helps them get their work done. The majority of the 4,000-plus office workers surveyed also said they believe technology makes them more productive, improves work-life integration, and helps them better connect with co-workers. (Source: Adobe)

#futureofwork #technology #productibity

Cultural Competency is essential to the success of any organization. Definitely, need more #WomenInSTEM and #Neurodiversity

Besides being more efficient, tomorrow’s workforce will be even more diverse than today’s—by gender, ethnicity, culture, religion, sexual preference and identification, and perhaps by other characteristics, we don’t even know about right now. (Source: Deloitte)

#futureofwork #Workplace #STEM

Imagine productivity increasing to this level. More efficient, reliable and hopefully affordable.

The impact of AI technologies on business is projected to increase labor productivity by up to 40% and enable people to make more efficient use of their time. (Source: Accenture)

#AI #FutureofWork #labor

Makes complete sense. When you focus on your team, the efficiency grows while the confidence excels.

Companies with great employee experience outperform the S&P 500 by 122%. Today, 51% of business leaders said they have plans to create individualized employee experiences comparable to consumer experiences. A keen focus on employee experience will be key for the future of work. (Source: Accenture)

#futureofwork #company #S&P500 #employeeexpertise

I agree with this stat, but I think it must also be mentioned about the soft skills while looking at this…

Demand for higher cognitive skills, such as creativity, critical thinking, decision making, and complex information processing, will also grow through 2030—by 19% in the United States and by 14% in Europe, from already sizable bases. The same research predicts the fastest rise in the need for advanced IT and programming skills, which could grow as much as 90% between 2016 and 2030. (Source: McKinsey)

#softskills #skills #futureofwork

I can’t help but wonder are schools and colleges really preparing for this huge jump? More importantly - what skills will they be teaching them while the technology advances.

The need for advanced IT and programming skills is going to grow. There will be 1.4 million open computing jobs by 2020 but only 400,000 computer-science graduates with the skills to fill them. (Source: The Bureau Of Labor And Statistics)

#IT #futureofwork #education #college #programming

instagram

#lyaniavanzant on #vision #thefutureofwork #futureofwork #itstartswithourvoices
https://www.instagram.com/p/B05lAr1nf-I/?igshid=167utu6u9svnt

Made with Instagram

Although automation will play a role in the future workforce, the future will hinge more on experts who wield smart technologies, with 78% of recent survey respondents citing that smart technologies will most significantly change the workplace by 2020. (Source: HR.com)

#automation #technology #futureofwork

The Looming Danger for Millennials in the Workplace
image

Millennials have drawn so much attraction to themselves in the workplace because of the sharp contrast in their behaviour and expectations compared to the other generations of the workforce. Many of them may not necessarily be aware of the danger that looms as they express themselves freely in the workplace. They are likely to face a faster decline in their work life than the older generation of the workforce.

Here are a few considerations for the millennial workforce to ponder upon:

  1. SWIFT RISE TO THE TOP OF CAREER LADDER: They will be younger than the current generation of top management when they reach their age. This is because they started the career journey earlier.
  2. EARLY RETIREMENT. The oldest millennial born in 1981 would have spent 35yrs in the workplace by 2036 (17 yrs from now) and be at age 55 if he started to work at age 20. What would the millennial be doing with the remaining active years?
  3. ALTERNATIVE WORK OPTIONS. The oldest Millennial was born in 1996 and has about 32 years left to work. He will be 55 by that time. What other work options are they open to? Entrepreneurship? Volunteering? How will they remain active?
  4. NEED FOR MULTIPLE COMPETENCES. Noting that there will be a deluge of creativity from this category of the workforce, many will need to possess more than one professional skill to retain relevance in the workplace.
  5. NEED FOR A DIFFERENT LIFESTYLE. Millennials will need to evolve a new way of life different what is currently predominant. They will need to reinvent themselves. The demands of life will be very different from what prevails today.

Questions for Millennials in the Workplace

  • What else can I do besides what I am currently doing?
  • What competences do I need to develop for future relevance in the workplace.
  • How do I preserve myself beyond the times I live in now?

The implication of this insight should trigger leaders to embark on strategic initiatives and policy reviews.

OAO