Jimena Reno watercolour painting 💕✨
Jimena Reno watercolour painting 💕✨
It’s been a long while since I’ve posted, but it has been a very interesting year. This year has been full of growth and I cannot wait to share the product of who I have grown and matured into. I have a lot of new content to share with everyone, and I can’t wait to start doing so!
I’m leaving for my Big Independencia Lady Vacay and I’m having a very pleasant time sitting in front of a flashing iPad menu, drinking an incredibly overpriced glass of wine, and eating the beef jerky I bought at the expensive airport sundry store.
Funnily enough, I was joined by an elderly gentleman, Very Canadian, who had a Very Canadian name that is the same Very Canadian name of an old Very Canadian friend. The world, huh?
Cosmic reminders that I can read too much into aside, I wanted to take this time to share my travel “must-haves.” The things I simply had to bring on my eat-pray-love voyage that will be largely comprised of me eating everything I see and just hoping my stomach stands strong.
And that isn’t a jab at Mexican food. It’s just that every time I travel, my body turns into a delicate, frail human napkin that can stomach only jello (on a good day). Anyway, here’s what I’m taking with me on my big 2019 trip to Oaxaca City.
- Teva sandals, duh.
- Sally Rooney’s Normal People (again, duh).
- All the episodes of “I Think You Should You Leave” featuring Tim Robinson. (side note: Detroiters was one of the few truly hilarious shows I’ve watched in a while… the clown episode?? Forget about it. I think Tim Robinson is a genius and I’m very excited to power through this series)
- Several pairs of “undershorts” … anyone with large thighs will understand.
- An empty bag of beef jerky.
- A fanny pack that I am definitely too old for but I will wear with pride.
- Three different sunscreens.
- A brand new “travel notebook” as well as my usual “idea notebook” that is mostly narratives about food I’ve eaten.
- Sounds: several meditation tracks, soft synth playlists, podcasts (Yeah But Still, The Worst, Twinnovation, Experts Podcast), a playlist just called “Oaxaca,” Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5, and The Fantastic Jazz Harp of Dorothy Ashby.
- Two (2) obnoxious hats.
- A google map of hot spots to visit, given to me by the lovely artist who gave me my latest “yolo” tattoo.
- The low hum of stress from work that I will have to do while I’m there.
- My “super” cool, “super” chic, one-piece Nike bathing suit with vibrant “mom” pattern.
- Like seven (7) granola bars, at least.
- The brand new, yoga-lady reusable water bottle I bought as soon as I got to the gate because I forgot mine and my indulgence knows no bounds.
- Sunglasses (prescription and non prescripsh).
- My holy triumvirates of meds (wellbyutch, ‘lex, and quettypine). Some diazzy, too.
- My trusty camera and many rolls of film that will cost about $80 to develop.
There’s certainly more but the plane is boarding soon and writing this has already taken too much time. Someone behind me is getting ready to watch Game of Thrones and I don’t even want to look.
Alright. We’ll see how this ~blogging~ thing goes. Here is a letter my sister wrote me before I left.
This boss babe is hustling! #toronto #media #freelance #forhire #photographerforhire #artistforhire #writerforhire
Hush your sounds,
Quiet your voice,
Understand your thoughts,
Focus on your mind.
Let that shit go,
Keep yourself in check,
And your feet grounded,
To the earth itself.
Continuing with the national food days this month. It’s national jelly bean day!!!