Hi guys! I’m looking to take on some more freelance editing work!
I’m a native English speaker and I’ve been writing since my fingers could reach the keyboard, which has blessed me with a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation and spelling — I know my effects from my affects, my its from my it’s and my whose and who’s, and I even know when to use em dashes. I’m cheerful, interested and communicative, and I dedicate myself to whatever projects I take on and make them the best they can be.
My strengths lie in grammar, spelling, making note of plot holes and inconsistencies and making sure your work is showing and telling others exactly what you want them to be seeing and hearing.
If you choose to work with me, the intellectual property and copyright of any files you send me will remain with you at all times. Payment will be done via PayPal invoicing to keep everything running smoothly and fairly for the both of us, but I’m open to other payment processors if you can’t use PayPal.
My editing services are low-cost and high communication. There will never be a point where you don’t know why I’m suggesting edits.
- Proofreading: I will check for typos, spelling and grammar errors and generally let you know if something reads through okay.
- Copy editing: I will go through your work and check it in depth for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Line editing: I will break out a fine tooth comb and make adjustments to the very structure of the piece so it’s the best it can be and can be understood and read from an outside point of view without difficulty.
My editing should be done after your first private, personal edit. You should have your first draft, go over it yourself, and then bring it to me!
- Proofreading: $0.0035/word aka $3.50 per 1000 words (a 50,000 word piece would be $175)
- Copy Editing: $0.005/word aka $5 per 1000 words (a 50,000 word piece would be $250)
- Line Editing: $0.0075/word aka $7.50 per 1000 words (a 50,000 word piece would be $375)
I offer a 5% discount for any manuscripts over 25,000 words, and a 10% discount for secondary services on the same manuscript (for example: copy editing, then proof reading later on).
My preferred genre(s) are fantasy, sci-fi and any kind of speculative fiction, queer lit, romance and anything character-driven at its core, but I’ll do pretty much any genre except for horror and anything super-religious.
I reserve the right to not take on any work I can’t offer my best to.
If you’d like to work with me, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, message me on twitter @SophieRTweeting or send me a direct message on Tumblr.