Starting back in 2015, Craft 3 has been has taken a while to get here but it is now available.
Craft 3 is significantly faster and more scalable, and it’s a modern, forward-facing platform that we’ll be able to build on for years to come.
There are hundreds of new features and improvements in the latest release, but here are a key few that people are shouting about.
- Multi-Site. Craft’s localisation features are all grown up.
- Image Editor. Crop, rotate, flip, and set focal points on your images.
- Asset Preview. Quickly view your assets everywhere by pressing Shift + Spacebar.
- Debug Toolbar. Learn everything there is to know about how your requests are being processed.
- Element Queries. Fetch the exact content you need.
- PostgreSQL. Like MySQL, but way better in every way.
- Plugin Store. Discover, try, and buy Craft plugins right in the Control Panel.
Craft 3 requires PHP 7 and takes advantage of all the performance and language-level features that come with that. It’s built on Yii 2 and adheres to Yii conventions.
Want to upgrade to Craft 3? Speak to us today.