We live, eat, sleep, and breathe food delivery. Let’s just say we have ordered more food delivery times than we can count. Pretty much any cuisine under the sun and moon. We have been a guinea pig for testing out what works and what doesn’t when it comes to which cuisines and dishes to order. These six delivery hacks will make all of your future food experiences more enjoyable!
Photo from livestrong.com
7) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees for pizza deliveries about 25-30 minutes after placing an order- Pizza delivers well, and is one of those staples that can be eaten hot or cold. Nobody likes cold pizza though when it is first delivered. Get your oven nice and toasty so that when the delivery driver arrives you can toss the pizza in the oven for a few minutes and enjoy that melted cheese as though you ate at the restaurant!
6) Ask for bread separately- Whether you are ordering a burger or sandwich, request for your bread to be put in a separate container than the meat. This will avoid the sogginess factor and allow you to toast the bread if you want or just add it right to the burger or deli meat.
Photo from en.wikipedia.org
5) Always get sauces on the side- Request any sauces from burgers, bowls, to burritos, or sandwiches, and wraps. You don’t want a sloppy mess when the food arrives that looks like it is ready for an art exhibit.
Photo from dreamstime.com
4) Ice Cream actually delivers well- For some reason Ice Cream has a bed rep for melting on deliveries. It is so not the case unless you happen to be in the saraha desert.
3) Soups on- Soup is great, and worst case you can always re boil it.
2) Homemade food and delivery hybrid- Sometimes you might be in the mood to whip up a pasta but want a nice chicken parmesan sandwich as well. A homemade dish and a delivery item makes one happy foodie!
Photo from istockphoto.com
1) Know where the best discounts are. And on that note, drumstick please…
Take 10% off your next delivery through our app or website when you enter code DELIVERYHACK in the coupon box at checkout!