3 (Meeting family) and 7 (moving in) with Joe pls😍
So I decided to… take this a different direction than probably intended. Hope you still enjoy!!!
3 (meeting family)
- You were nervous to say the least. You and Joe had been dating for about 6 months.
- He knew you had been married before, and that the marriage had ended badly, your ex walking away with no support.
- But you had been on your own for nearly two years. You made it, working extra jobs here and there, keeping your three children safe and a roof over their heads.
- You had all boys, the oldest 7 and your little man. He was the man of the house, taking care of his 5 and 3 year old brothers as much as he could.
- Joe was excited to meet them, he loved kids, but you had been hurt before and so had the boys, so you waited, and he understood.
- There were times you had to leave dates or cancel because of the boys and Joe had offered to help, but it was always a hard no. You couldnt let these little children be hurt again.
- So when Joe asked about a date you suggested a movie night at home, with the boys.
- Joe had been shocked to say the least, but had agreed immediately. He had instructed you to have the boys pick the movie, he would handle everything else.
Joe parked his car and took a deep breath. He had come prepared with snacks, pizza and soda. He knew you went too big of a stickler on sweets if it was the weekend, so he had also brought ice cream. But he was also prepared mentally, he knew the boys were the focus in your life, and if they didnt like him, he was out.
With a sigh Joe got out of the car and gathered the items he had brought, before making his way to the door. He had only been to your home twice, just to drop you off, never making it past the front door. He knocked and waited, it took a few minutes for you to open the door.
“Joe!” You grinned, before looking at everything in his hands. “You know you didnt have to do all this, right? I could have gotten most of it.”
“Yeah, I know, but I wanted to.” He smiled back with a shrug before following inside and to the kitchen. The house was quiet, surprising him, as three boys would normally be loud.
“You can put everything on the counter, let me go get the boys.” You moved to backdoor and yelled, now Joe could hear the three children. The boys came running inside, the littlest you took up into your arms, the two older stopping to look at Joe. “Guys, this is Joe, my… boyfriend. Joe this is Kevin, John, and Taven.” You went from oldest to youngest, tapping the boys on the head.
“Hi guys.” Joe smiled, feeling awkward.
“Did you bring cheese pizza?” John asked as his stomach grumbled, the ice was quickly broken by everyone laughing. The night went better than expected. Taven falling asleep in Joe’s lap as you leaned against his side.
7 (moving in)
- After joe meets the boys things move quickly.
- Taven, John and Kevin all call him dad. Which makes Joe smile every single time. He also couches Kevin’s baseball team.
- Joe is more likely to be found on a school night helping the two older boys with their homework than anywhere else.
- Joe asks you to move in after 3 months of knowing the boys.
- You say no
- You explain that you dont want the boys to get their hopes up only for them to be crushed if the two of you dont work out. Right now with him not living under the same roof he is more just a friend to them, than a permit person.
- It hurts for Joe to hear, but he understands.
- After another two months he take the boys fishing so you can have a day alone. And he asks them what they think of him becoming permit in their lives.
- John doesnt understand, as he thought Joe was always going to be in their lives now.
- Kevin, the little man he is, is the one who tells Joe he should marry you.
- “And maybe you can adopt us, so you can be our real dad, since ours is mean and isnt coming back.”
- “Daddy! Daddy!” Taven would giggle and as he tired to hold a worm. Joe would smile, his cheeks aching, at the thought of really being a family.
- With the boys help he would ask you to marry him, promising to you and your children to never leave you.